Arts and Performance
DIY: Do It Yourself | M.F.A. Exhibition
April 24, 2019 – May 12, 2019 EDT
This event has already occurred. The information may no longer be valid.
DIY: Do It Yourself is the thesis exhibition of master of fine arts (M.F.A.) design students in the School of Design.
As society automates various forms of goods and services, the DIY (do it yourself) movement continues to expand into all corners of our lives. This shift poses a range of challenges as we self-diagnose our personal health, author our social presence and equip ourselves with an ever-widening array of navigational tools. With this as a backdrop, we’ve elected to present the thesis explorations of our five M.F.A. candidates as a pop-up exhibition of DIY explorations. Each designer has looked to take the next step in this evolutionary process by identifying a problem and designing for a specific user-group.
This exhibition will feature the work of the following designers:
- Ran Zhang: tools that support professional counseling for couples to maintain a strong and healthy relationship
- Qingyue Song: oral health screening system
- Yumeng Yang: a mobile app for Generation Z to encourage engagement with history museums
- Forough Jafari: technology-assisted navigation in public spaces for hard-of-hearing people
- Yun Deng: diagnostic mHealth for autoimmune disorders
An opening reception will be held on Thursday, April 25, from 6-8:30 p.m.
This event was first published on April 9, 2019 and last updated on May 6, 2019.
- Arts and Performance
- Greater Syracuse
- Open to
- School of Design
- Contact 914Works to request accommodations