This workshop for faculty and staff provides an overview and primer on the role of pronouns and preferred names as part of LGBTQ inclusion and cultural sensitivity. In addition, it will provide an overview of the Syracuse University MySlice service/tool resource.
Topics covered will include:
– Review history of Preferred Name and Pronoun service
– Consider the function and role of gender in our lives
– Practice using gender pronouns in common situations
– Learn how to select pronouns in MySlice
– Increase the number of database and computer systems that incorporate pronouns
This event is led by campus partners within the Pronoun Gender and Preferred Name Advisory Council.
This event was published on November 7, 2019.