Join the Barnes Center at The Arch for a decorating contest in support of Domestic and Dating Violence Awareness Month.
All University offices and departments are encouraged to participate by decoration their spaces purple, the official color of domestic and relationship violence awareness, to help raise awareness and show support for survivors and those impacted by any form of interpersonal violence. Residence halls are also encouraged to participate by allowing their residents to decorate their doors and run their own building or floor contests. Please register by Monday, Oct. 14.
If you wish to include statistics in your decorations, please only use information from reputable sources. It is important to share accurate and current information while raising awareness! Some examples of resources to use are the University SRV Resource Guide, RAINN, Vera House Inc. and the CDC. If you have any questions please reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A panel of student volunteers involved the Barnes Center at The Arch will judge each participant from Monday, Oct. 21 through Monday Oct. 28. Winners will be announced by Thursday, Oct. 31 at 4 p.m.
If you are a student interesting in volunteering, please email email@example.com.
- Grand Prize: Best Decorated
- Most Creative Decorations
- Most Purple Space
- Most Interactive Space
- Most Eye Catching
- Most Liked Space – Facebook: Post a photo of your space using the hashtags #SUGoesPurple. The image with the most likes on Facebook by Wednesday, Oct. 30 at noon will win!
- Most Liked Space – Instagram: Post a photo of your space using the hashtags #SUGoesPurple. The image with the most likes on Instagram by Wednesday, Oct. 30 at noon will win!
- Most Liked Space -Twitter: Post a photo of your space using the hashtags #SUGoesPurple. The image with the most likes on Twitter by Wednesday, Oct. 30 by noon will win!
This event was first published on September 24, 2019 and last updated on October 1, 2019.