Setnor School of Music welcomes our families!
Setnor School of Music ensembles will perform a “concert-on-the-move” for Family Weekend on Saturday, October 19, giving families a glimpse into the work students are doing this semester and a chance to visit some of the most beautiful and iconic performance venues on campus!
- 10 a.m. Dean’s reception, Goldstein Auditorium, Schine Student Union
- Stop by the College of Visual and Performance Arts dean’s reception with our dean, Michael Tick. Meet the faculty and other students and families.
- 11 a.m. Jazz and Commercial Music, Shemin Auditorium, Shaffer Arts Building
- This sampler concert features Setnor’s premier Jazz and Commercial Music ensembles performing in their home venue. Students in the Orange Collective and Orange Syndicate Vocal Jazz Ensembles, as well as The Morton Schiff Jazz Ensemble will perform under the direction of Professors Jeff Welcher and John Coggiola. (programmed to be 30 minutes)
- 11:45 a.m. Choral Ensembles, Hendricks Chapel
- The dynamic vocal ensembles of the school perform a choral sampler, featuring performances by Crouse Chorale, Dr. Hillary Ridgley, Director; Setnor Sonority, Dr. Peppie Calvar, Director; Orange Collective & Orange Syndicate, Jeff Welcher, Director; Hendricks Chapel Choir; Peppie Calvar, Director; and University Singers, John Warren, Director. (programmed to be 45 minutes)
- 1 p.m. Instrumental Ensembles, Setnor Auditorium, Crouse College
This concert of our large instrumental ensembles will feature the Syracuse University Wind Ensemble under the direction of Dr. Bradley P. Ethington, Conductor and Dr. Timothy W. Diem, Conductor, and the Syracuse University Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Dr. James Tapia. (programmed to be 45 minutes)
Also, don’t miss the Syracuse University Marching Band, under the direction of Dr. Timothy W. Diem, when they help us cheer on the Orange on Friday, October 18!
For more information of the full Syracuse University schedule for Family Weekend, visit Family Weekend
This event was published on September 23, 2019.
- Arts and Performance
- Open Houses
- Main Campus
- Open to
- Setnor School of Music
- Michelle Taylor
- Contact Michelle Taylor to request accommodations
- Due to the football game on Friday, October 18 you must park in the Skytop Lot on South Campus. Complimentary shuttle services will be provided between 8:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. from the Skytop Lot (South Campus) to North Campus and back. Saturday and Sunday, you may park in orange sign lots (non-restricted) on North or South Campus as space is available. No parking pass is required.