Join us for our first ever virtual campus-community innovation town hall. We’re thrilled to be joined by Randy Wolken, CEO of the Manufacturers Association of Central New York, Kathi Durdon, executive director of the CNY Biotech Accelerator/Upstate Medical University, Win Thurlow, executive director of The MedTech Association, and Rick Clonan, vice president of innovation and entrepreneurship at CenterState CEO’s Tech Garden. All four of these organizations are key partners with the LaunchPad in building the regional innovation ecosystem. This lunchtime community conversation will help leverage campus and community expertise and resources to plant and grow ideas. We invite everyone across the campus and community to join in and see the power of the network. The link for the virtual town hall is here.
We’re hoping to jumpstart a campus-community conversation about ways we can collaborate. Topics will include:
Seed and scale
- Building a regional mentor and subject matter expert network
- Expanding professional service provider network (attorneys, accountants, insurance, etc.) to provide some pro-bono technical assistance
- Targeting companies that might be early adaptors or beta customers
- Building networks of supply chain partners
- Access to pre-seed capital
- Expertise to scale
- Growth capital
Accelerate tech commercialization
- Unlocking faculty IP, as well as most viable university ventures that could be commercialized or licensed
- Experiential opportunities
- Internships and other creative opportunities for students to create CNY “stickiness” and build talent pool for regional companies
- Recruitment and retention
- Keeping talent here – how do we engage our best and brightest with the community?
Please join us. Questions? E-mail us: LaunchPad@syr.edu
This event was published on April 20, 2020.