Intensive Supervisor Series
As the country struggles with racial tensions, polarized perspectives, and heinous acts of violence, members of our campus community are hurting, enraged, exhausted, and confused. This series of dialogue sessions is for supervisors who want to support their staff and engage in conversations that will encourage inclusion by bridging the gaps associated with our current racial tensions.
Through these discussions, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of how the current situations may be impacting staff
- Understand the basis and impact of unconscious bias
- Learn how to align our intentions with our actions
- Gain an enhanced level of comfort when engaging with staff about issues related to race
The three 1:15-hour sessions will provide an overview and discussion around the following:
- Session 1: Building an Empathetic Work Environment
- Session 2: Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Session 3: Engaging in Dialogue about Race
Attendees are expected to attend all three of the sessions as each session builds upon the information received in the previous session. By registering, you are confirming that you are a supervisor of benefits-eligible staff, and that you are committing to attend the three consecutive sessions.
Dates and Time: Monday, August 3, Wednesday, August 5, and Friday, August 7 sessions will run from 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
This event was first published on June 24, 2020 and last updated on July 29, 2020.