This workshop has been canceled.
Join us in creating a safer, more welcoming and inclusive environment for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) community. Safe Zone aims to build a network of students, staff, faculty and community members who are visibly and actively committed to advocating for and creating spaces of respect and inclusion for LGBTQ+ members of our campus community.
After completing this 2-hour workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe the role of the Safe Zone program (opportunities and limitations);
- use gender-inclusive pronouns;
- define key terms and identities relating to LGBTQ+ communities;
- understand how privilege and oppression create barriers for LGBTQ+ inclusivity on campus and in our communities at large;
- recognize the ways we can create a positive campus climate for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff as allies and advocates and
- identify the resources available at Syracuse University and the larger Syracuse community.
Feel free to register under your chosen name. Please be sure to list your university email address so that we can confirm registration and contact you as needed.
This event was first published on March 4, 2020 and last updated on March 12, 2020.