The School of Social Work in Falk College, an approved provider of continuing education for LMSWs and LCSWs in New York State, will offer virtual EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol (R-TEP) and Group Traumatic Episode Protocol (G-TEP) training. The EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode protocol was developed to extend the original Recent Event Protocol developed by Francine Shapiro. All experiences that occur before or after the event, which have become a part of the traumatic episode as defined by the client are processed in the order their brain dictates. Participants must have completed an approved EMDR Therapy Basic Training in order to attend this workshop and provide proof of completion.
Participant learning objectives: (R-TEP)
- Describe how to obtain history using the R-TEP.
- Define the term Resource Connection Envelope.
- Name the steps in the “Four Elements Exercise”.
- Describe how to obtain the first resource elicited when using R-TEP.
- Apply 2 preparation techniques during the practicum exercise.
- Propose 2 methods for grounding dysregulated clients.
- Illustrate sensitive application of the Assessment Phase in R-TEP.
- Distinguish traumatic event from traumatic episode.
- Explain how to identify and process target fragments.
- Differentiate EMDR vs. EMD processing.
Participant learning objectives: (G-TEP)
- Describe 3 ways to utilize the G-TEP.
- Name the logistical considerations for G-TEP administration.
- What to do if someone cannot utilize/develop a safe place in the group.
- Illustrate what information is shared among group members while going through the G-TEP.
- Describe how to direct the participants’ attention after each set of BLS.
- Name 2 assessment tools & how to administer them.
Event Details & Registration
Date: Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Check – in begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Cost: $129.00 for each day or $ 240.00 for both days
To register, please contact Tracey Musarra Marchese at firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy of your EMDR Basic Training certificate. The New York State Department of Education and New York State Social Work Board and EMDRIA Credit Provider #17018-01 has approved this workshop for 6 contact hours for one day or 12 contact hours for both days.
For more information, contact Social Work Continuing Education at email@example.com.
Maria Masciandaro, Psy. D. Clinical Psychologist
Since 2010 Dr. Masciandaro has been utilizing these protocols. The R-TEP was developed in 2008 by Elan Shapiro and Brurit Laub. The G-TEP emerged as the need to scale -up to treat groups became clearer. Dr. Masciandaro is a licensed psychologist and has been a volunteer for Trauma Recovery HAP since 9/11. She has been a TRN Coordinator, facilitator for basic training, and trainer-of-trainers to expand the dissemination of these two protocols. Her volunteer mission has taken her across the US from Alaska to Florida. On a local level, she is a facilitator for the EMDR Institute, one of four NJ EMDR Network Coordinators, and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. In addition, Dr. Masciandaro is an Approved Consultant with the American Academy of Clinical Hypnosis, a Past-President of the Clinical Hypnosis Society of New Jersey, and as a faculty member participates in CHSNJ sponsored training each year. She has been a fieldwork supervisor for the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology of Rutgers U.
This event was published on July 29, 2020.