Join Syracuse University professor of film Owen Shapiro and a panel of influential Syracuse alumni to discuss how filmmakers and studios have created innovative ways of continuing to develop exciting and informative work, and fresh opportunities to reach new audiences through a variety of channels and partnerships. Mark J. Lodato, dean of Syracuse University’s Newhouse School, will offer welcoming remarks.
- Mark J. Lodato, dean, Newhouse School
- Robert Edwards ’85, screenwriter and president of We Happy Few Inc.
- Monica Levinson ’90, film and television producer (“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,” “Captain Fantastic,” “Trumbo”)
- Jim Morris ’77, G’78, president, Pixar Animation Studios
- Erin Westerman ’04, president of production, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group
- Owen Shapiro, professor of film, College of Visual and Performing Arts and co-founder and artistic director, Syracuse International Film Festival
This event is part of Syracuse University’s virtual programming at Sundance Film Festival 2021. Events are open to the public, regardless of whether or not you’re registered for the Sundance Film Festival.
This event was first published on January 20, 2021 and last updated on January 28, 2021.