Dr. Paula Green has worked as a peacebuilder, educator, and dialogue facilitator, partnering with community leaders in some of the world’s most difficult circumstances. Her mission has been to encourage those separated by war, enmity, prejudices, or perceived differences to seek understanding, discover common ground, learn new skills, and increase their capacity to promote peaceful societies for the benefit of all. Since the 2016 election, she has focused her work within the US. www.paulagreen.net www.handsacrossthehills.org
Learn and practice proven techniques for facilitating difficult conversations in your courses and community with this world-renowned, award-winning consultant and mentor.
At the end of the workshop, you as faculty members will:
- Have additional tools in your toolbox for preparing and leading difficult class discussions
- Feel more confident in managing encounters between students and between you and students
- Be prepared to facilitate a conversation on a potentially volatile topic
- Increase your capacity to support students in communication that increases understanding and reduces enmity
This event was published on February 3, 2021.
- Professional Development
- Open to
- Nick Bennett
- Contact Nick Bennett to request additional accommodations