If you are a graduating student who is interested in becoming a multimedia journalist, producer, or digital producer, the Scripps Journalism Career Program (JCP) is an amazing opportunity. Through the JCP, new graduates become full-time employees of WKBW (Buffalo, NY) and Scripps. After just 9 months at WKBW, JCP employees will start being recruited by other Scripps stations. Traditionally, Scripps hires four graduating Newhouse students into the program each year.
Not only will this be your “foot in the door” to Scripps’ 33 stations across the country, you will benefit from this special Newhouse-Scripps partnership in several significant ways:
- JCP participants do not have to pay out of pocket for their housing! WKBW provides housing in the form of really nice, two-bedroom loft apartments in downtown Buffalo. You will share your apartment with only one roommate, who is also in the JCP.
- Not only is your housing free, it’s also furnished and includes cable, high-speed Internet, gated parking, and a short commute into work.
- When your year in Buffalo is up, you will get a $5000 signing bonus if you continue with Scripps when the JCP wraps.
This information session is open to all interested years and majors who would like to learn more about the Scripps JCP, though only graduating students will be able to apply. Details on how to apply to this program will be provided at the information session.
This event was published on February 25, 2021.
- Communications Journalism Media
- Open to
- Current Students
- Newhouse Career Development Center
- Kelly Barnett
- Contact Kelly Barnett to request accommodations