The Women in Leadership Initiative seeks to reach out to pioneering women in fields that are traditionally male. The initiative will offer a shared reading opportunity for women and nonbinary staff, faculty and students with “Ashley’s War: The Untold Story of a Team of Women Soldiers on the Special Ops Battlefield” by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon. Participants will be provided with a copy of the book* to read during the spring semester and come together for a shared celebration March 23rd.
The celebration event will include:
- A book discussion (3-4 p.m. ET) for participants in the shared reading experience facilitated by Command Sergeant Major Cynthia Pritchett, U.S. Army (retired), a 36-year active service veteran who is the first female to serve as the command senior enlisted leader or a combatant command in a time of war.
- A virtual “Fireside Chat” (4-5 p.m. ET), open to the campus community, about working and teaching leadership in diverse and dynamic environments. The chat features women leaders and will be facilitated by Maureen Casey, chief operating officer of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families.
Fireside Chat Panelists:
- Lieutenant Colonel Jennifer L. Gotie, U.S. Army, Civil Affairs; professor of military science and department chair, Syracuse University
- Colonel Lynda M. Granfield, U.S. Army (retired)
- Command Sergeant Major Cynthia Pritchett, U.S. Army (retired)
*Due to shipping times, all participants who register after March 1, 2021 will receive an electronic copy of the book
This event was published on March 19, 2021.