At Syracuse University Career Services, we’ve been planning new ways to help you prepare for your job search and connect with employers virtually. This semester, we are excited to partner with Handshake to run our annual University Spring All Majors Career and Internship Fair in a virtual format.
Career Fairs are a great way to connect with companies that interest you! A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
- Meet with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio or chat.
- Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule one-on-one or group sessions with employers you’re interested in, or join an open session on the day-of.
- Prepare and plan. From dressing professionally, to enhancing your resume and updating your Handshake account, learn more on the Career Services website.
- Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective, ask great questions and follow-up with recruiters after the fair.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll follow-up with more information on registration and how to use Handshake to navigate a virtual Career Fair. In the meantime, check out Handshake’s Get Hired Remotely Series for more resources on conducting a virtual job search. We look forward to working with you!
This event was published on March 15, 2021.