SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY PRESENTS ITS INAUGURAL DISABILITY PRIDE WEEK
Disability Pride celebrates people embracing their full identities, including disabilities, and can mean something different to everyone. Disability is intersectional and diverse, so the campus community is invited to participate in the following events, both on-campus and virtual, to celebrate and learn from people with disabilities and their lived experiences.
Disability Pride Week is coordinated by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), Disability Cultural Center (DCC), Center for Disability Resources (CDR), the Office of Interdisciplinary Programs and Outreach (OIPO) in the Burton Blatt Institute. Students, staff, and faculty members participated in its development.
Disability Pride Week Events
- April 18: Disability Pride Space
- April 18: Neurodiversity Community at SU Workshop
- April 19: The Ethics of Passing and Disability Disclosure in Higher Education – with Joseph A. Stramondo
- April 19: Game Night on JackBox
- April 20: Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Employees with Disabilities
- April 21: Haben Girma Presents – Disability, Diversity and the Law
- April 22: Disability Resources Fair
- April 23: Documentary Screening and Discussion: “Deej – Inclusion shouldn’t be a lottery”
This event was first published on April 7, 2022 and last updated on April 13, 2022.