The Trans 101 workshop builds off of the LGBTQ Resource Center’s Safe Zone workshops to offer a training specifically focused on transgender issues.
After completing this two-hour workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality.
- Correctly define “transgender” and “gender non-conforming.”
- Identify words or phrases that are derogatory to transgender people and should be avoided.
- Name at least two challenges many trans people experience before and after coming out.
- Identify three emotions a trans person might experience during their coming out process.
Feel free to register under your chosen name, and please list your Syracuse University email address (i.e. @syr.edu) so that we can confirm registration and contact you as needed. When you are registered, you will receive a Zoom link in the days leading to the workshop.
This event was published on February 2, 2022.