In recognition of Student Press Freedom Day, the Newhouse School’s Tully Center for Free Speech, in conjunction with the Empire State Scholastic Press Association, will explore efforts to pass the Student Journalist Free Speech Act (A.4402/S.2958) as part of the New York New Voices movement.
- Roy Gutterman, director, Tully Center for Free Speech, Newhouse School
- Assembly member Donna Lupardo (D-Binghamton), sponsor of the Student Journalist Free Speech Act
- Sen. Brian Kavanagh, sponsor of the Student Journalist Free Speech Act
- Mike Simons (Corning High School), coordinator of New York New Voices
- Christina Kinsey, ESSPA executive director
- Tim Kennedy, President/CEO of Advance Media NY, publisher of Syracuse.com/Post Standard, and Marie Morelli, editorial/opinion lead for Syracuse.com/The Post-Standard
- Mark J. Lodato, dean, Newhouse School
This event is open to student journalists, members of the press and anyone interested in a free, open press for public school students.
This event was first published on February 9, 2022 and last updated on February 16, 2022.
- Communications Journalism Media
- Open to
- Campus Community
- Roy Gutterman
- Contact Roy Gutterman to request additional accommodations