Have you ever wanted to incorporate microscopy into your research? Is there one stubborn sample that you are having a hard time preparing and observing under a more traditional imaging setup? Do you have weak signal for some fluorescently tagged proteins while imaging or just want to try resolving smaller structures that you cannot resolve using conventional means?
Then stop by to our workshop and open house titled “Demystifying Light Microscopy with SU Blatt Imaging Center” on June 29–July 1.
- Lectures and discussions on light microscopy, sample prep and basic image usage with Dr. Tanay Desai, Product Applications Sales Specialist at Zeiss and Dr. Heidi Hehnly, Blatt Imaging Center Director
- Open house of the Blatt Imaging Center
The Center and Dr. Hehnly’s lab will be open to discuss sample prep, imaging needs and to reserve time slots for users to have free assisted usage on the new Zeiss 980 laser scanning confocal with Airyscan2, Zeiss 710 laser scanning confocal and a Zeiss widefield epifluorescent system. These timeslots will be prioritized for first time users, so please reach out to Dr. Hehnly and/or Mike Bates sooner rather than later. Dr. Hehnly’s lab will be available to assist with sample prep concerns.
Wednesday, June 29
- 9-9:30 a.m. – Dr. Hehnly | Opening remarks
- 9:30-10:30a.m. – Dr. Desai | Imaging with LSM 980 and AIRYSCAN
- 10:30-11a.m. – Coffee break
- 11a.m.-12p.m. – Dr. Hehnly | Sample prep workshop and working with ImageJ/FIJI
- 12p.m.-end of day – Blatt Center and Hehnly Lab open house with personalized help on sample prep
Thursday, June 30-Friday, July 1
- All day – FREE assisted imaging in the Blatt Imaging Center. Please schedule appointment with Mike Bates or Heidi Hehnly.
This event was published on May 25, 2022.
- Science and Mathematics
- Main Campus
- Open to
- Campus Community
- Heidi Hehnly and Mike Bates
- Contact Heidi Hehnly and Mike Bates to request accommodations