Diversity and Inclusion
September 8, 2022 at 10:00am – 12:00pm EDT
Bird Library, 606
This event has already occurred. The information may no longer be valid.
Join the LGBTQ Resource Center in creating a safer, more welcoming and inclusive environment for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) community. Safe Zone aims to build a network of students, staff, faculty and community members who are visibly and actively committed to advocating for and creating spaces of respect and inclusion for the LGBTQ+ members of our campus community.
After completing this two-hour workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of the Safe Zone program (opportunities and limitations).
- Use gender-inclusive pronouns.
- Define key terms and identities relating to LGBTQ+ communities.
- Understand how privilege and oppression create barriers for LGBTQ+ inclusivity on campus and in our communities at large.
- Recognize the ways we can create a positive campus climate for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff as allies and advocates.
- Identify the resources available at Syracuse University and in the larger Syracuse community.
Feel free to register under your chosen name, and be sure to list your university email address so that we can confirm registration and contact you as needed.
Please submit accommodations requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event was published on August 12, 2022.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Main Campus
- Open to
- Campus Community
- Student Experience
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Elliott Hickey
- Contact Elliott Hickey to request accommodations