This group is designed for students who find themselves feeling stuck in unpleasant emotions that impact their work and/or relationships, or for students who struggle with intense, overwhelming emotions. It can also be helpful for students interested in learning more about mindfulness and how to practice it. This five-week workshop will teach practical skills for coping with everything from minor daily setbacks to major life crises. Based on the DBT framework developed by psychologist Marsha Linehan, this group will give students the tools they need to build a sense of peace and decrease suffering in their lives.
- Individual and group counseling are covered in full through the Health and Wellness Fee.
- Open until maximum group size (8 students) is met or enrollment deadline of Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023.
- Call 315.443.8000 to meet with a therapist to discuss group options, or to complete the required facilitator-led group orientation prior to enrolling into a group or participating in a drop-in group.
This event was published on July 25, 2023.
- Health and Wellness
- Main Campus
- Open to
- Current Students
- No additional cost
- Student Experience
- Barnes Center at The Arch
- Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling
- Contact Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling to request accommodations