Spector/Warren Fellowship for Future Educators Conference
March 25, 2023 at 8:00am – March 26, 2023 at 12:00pm EDT
Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Teaching about the Holocaust provides the opportunity to examine the basic moral issue of what it means to be a responsible citizen in a democratic society. Studying the Holocaust brings understanding to the ramifications of prejudice, racism, and stereotyping, and the value of encouraging tolerance and diversity in society.
The Spector/Warren Fellowship for Future Educators Conference will examine “The Past as Present: Lessons from the Holocaust in Contemporary Times.”
The Spector/Warren Fellowship is for undergraduate and graduate students preparing for careers in education, counseling, or student affairs.
Saturday, March 25
- Morning: Breakfast and keynote: (Ewa Schaller of the American Friends of Yahad-In-Unum/Holocaust by Bullets); breakout sessions
- Afternoon: Lunch and breakout sessions
- Evening: Dinner and networking
Sunday, March 26
- Morning: Breakout sessions and plenary
- Afternoon: Lunch and optional field trip to Safe Haven
This event was published on January 23, 2023.
- Open to
- Current Students,
- School of Education
- Julia M. White
- Contact Julia M. White to request additional accommodations