The Trans 101 workshop builds off of the LGBTQ Resource Center’s LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone workshops to offer a training specifically focused on transgender issues.
After completing this 2-hour workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality.
- Correctly define “transgender” and “gender non-conforming.”
- Identify words or phrases that are derogatory to transgender people and should be avoided.
- Name at least 2 challenges many trans people experience before and after coming out.
- Identify 3 emotions a trans person might experience during their coming out process.
Feel free to register under your chosen name. Please be sure to list your university email address so that we can confirm registration and contact you as needed.
This event was published on April 16, 2021.