The complete schedule for the distribution of ashes is as follows:
- 7:30–8:30 a.m. “Open House Distribution of Ashes” at the Catholic Center, 110 Walnut Place
- 9 a.m. Virtual Ash Wednesday Mass, to be livestreamed on the Catholic Center’s YouTube page
- 11 a.m.– 12:30 p.m. “Open House Distribution of Ashes” at Hendricks Chapel
- 3–5 p.m. “Open House Distribution of Ashes” at Hendricks Chapel
- 7–7:30 p.m. “Open House Distribution of Ashes” at the Catholic Center
To adhere with COVID-19 health guidelines, ashes will be distributed this year by way of an “open house” format, at Hendricks Chapel and also at the Catholic Center, located at 110 Walnut Place. Those desiring ashes will enter the respective location during the prescribed times and proceed, socially distanced, to the front of the chapel where a minister will sprinkle ashes on the head of the participant, rather than rubbing ashes directly on the forehead, while speaking the challenging words of repentance.
This event was published on February 9, 2021.