Tim Gorman ’07 will be hosting a virtual info session which details how to become a Public Affairs Officer (PAO) with the U.S. Navy. A PAO is the military equivalent of a public relations professional, and strong writers are encouraged to attend this session.
Navy Public Affairs Officers:
- Assist commanders in developing the right communications strategy for internal (Navy service members) and external (media outlets and the public) audiences
- Write and distribute press releases and other collateral to appropriate organizations
- Manage the production and subject matter of print, video, audio and online media
- Collaborate with enlisted Mass Communication Specialists on projects involving writing, photography and graphic design
- Schedule news conferences and provide briefings to senior leaders beforehand
Interested? Register below!
This event was published on February 25, 2021.