A weekly structured group open to all survivors of sexual violence. This group focuses on developing tools to cope with the impact of trauma through self-care practices and expressive arts. This group covers core concepts and skills including relaxation, grounding, establishing safety, and processing thoughts and feelings associated with traumatic experiences. Common themes explored are self-blame, shame, relationships, consent, the healing process and disclosure (deciding when, how and with whom to talk about your experience).
- Individual and group counseling are covered in full through the Health and Wellness Fee.
- Open until maximum group size (8 students) is met.
- Call 315.443.8000 to meet with a therapist to discuss group options, or to complete the required facilitator-led group orientation prior to enrolling into a group or participating in a drop-in group.
This event was first published on July 25, 2023 and last updated on October 5, 2023.
- Health and Wellness
- Main Campus
- Open to
- Current Students
- No additional cost
- Student Experience
- Barnes Center at The Arch
- Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling
- Contact Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling to request accommodations