Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is helpful for students who want to improve their relationship with themselves or others, or for students who struggle with intense, overwhelming emotions. It can also be helpful for students who are looking for ways to reduce emotional suffering and reactivity. The skills taught in DBT can both reduce the size of students’ emotional waves and help them keep their balance when their emotions overwhelm them.
- Individual and group counseling are covered in full through the Health and Wellness Fee.
- Tuesdays Group Enrollment: Open until maximum group size (8 students) is met or start date of Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023.
- Fridays Group Enrollment: Open until maximum group size (8 students) is met or start date of Friday, Feb. 17, 2023.
- Call 315.443.8000 to meet with a therapist to discuss group options, or to complete the required facilitator-led group orientation prior to enrolling into a group or participating in a drop-in group.
This event was first published on January 18, 2023 and last updated on January 25, 2023.
- Health and Wellness
- Open to
- Current Students
- No additional cost.
- Student Experience
- Barnes Center at The Arch
- Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling
- Contact Barnes Center at The Arch Counseling to request accommodations