Disability Town Hall: What’s Really Happening in Our Schools?
June 14, 2023 at 4:00pm – 5:30pm EDT
National Veterans Resource Center, K.G. Tan Auditorium
Join us for a Town Hall on the realities, challenges and priorities for students with disabilities in Pre-K through college. The audience will hear testimonials from educators, parents and students, followed by a panel of key stakeholders and changemakers who will discuss opportunities for improvements to direct and systemic issues present in the education system.
- Rachel May, NYS Senator, 53rd District
- John Mannion, NYS Senator, 50th District
- Al Stirpe, NYS Assemblyperson, 127th District
- Kimberly Hill Ridley, New York State Chief Disability Officer
- Christy Ashby, Director of the Center on Disability and Inclusion
- Beth Myers, Director of the Taishoff Center for Inclusive Higher Education
- Irastina Reid, Director of Special Education, SCSD
- Lori Saile, Executive Director, Jowonio School
Free and open to the public, with a reception to follow. RSVP is required.
This event was first published on May 11, 2023 and last updated on May 22, 2023.
- New York Campus
- Open to
- Government and Community Relations
- Karly Grifasi
- ASL Interpretation,
- Contact Karly Grifasi to request additional accommodations