Diversity and Inclusion
Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month Celebration Events
March 31, 2023 – April 30, 2023 EDT
No location (See event details)
This event has already occurred. The information may no longer be valid.
Celebrated annually during the month of April while the community is still on campus together, Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month is coordinated by the AAPI Heritage Month planning committee, with efforts led by Multicultural Affairs in collaboration with campus departments and student organizations.
Celebrated nationally in May, AAPI Heritage Month honors Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success.
Campus community members are invited to participate in the following programs and events being held to celebrate, honor and educate the Syracuse University community about the histories, identities, cultural diversity and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- March 31: Stephanie Shih “My Sweetie Has No Pockmarks” Reception
- March 31: AAPI Heritage Month Kickoff
- April 1: Orange After Dark – AAPI Heritage Month Open Mic Night
- April 2: International Festival
- April 5: Lunchtime Lecture: Mithila Art at the SU Art Museum
- April 7: MGC Night Market
- April 8: Holi 2023
- April 13: Paving the Way Alumni Speaker – Sharon Lee ’14, G’15
- April 13: Orange After Dark – AAPI Heritage Month Grocery Bingo
- April 14: Night at the Museum with Sigma Psi Zeta
- April 15: Orange After Dark – International Game Night
- April 18: AAPI Mental Health Awareness Workshop
- April 20: AAPI Heritage Month Commemorative Lecture with Hua Hsu
- April 21: ASIA Night
- April 22: AAPI Heritage Month Ping-Pong Tournament
- April 26: aKDPhi AAPI Trivia Night
- “My Sweetie Has No Pockmarks” Exhibit by Stephanie Shih (Available through May 14)
- “Take Me to the Palace of Love” Exhibit by Rina Banerjee (Available through May 14)
This event was first published on March 14, 2023 and last updated on March 27, 2023.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Open to
- Student Experience
- Multicultural Affairs
- Contact Multicultural Affairs to request accommodations